It’s date night and you’re wondering what to do, where to go, and what to eat. All across the Treasure Valley, there are plenty of romantic date ideas for any couple. From the first date to where to propose and everything in between, we’ve compiled the ultimate list to inspire you to plan an epic date night!
Keep scrolling to find the perfect place for romance!
First Dates Ideas
The first date can be the most nerve-wracking, but also the most exciting! This could be your first time meeting in person or the first official romantic date and you need the perfect setting to get to know each other. That date is all about figuring out if there is a romantic spark. Here are a few ideas of what to do on a first date in Boise.
- Grab a bite, sip a delicious drink and play some games at Western Proper
More About Western Proper
- Hike the Boise trails
- Cut a rug and get down at a dance club or bar
- The Buffalo Club
- Dirt Road Dancing
- ā café
- Dawson Taylor
- Coffee & Supply Co.
- Lemon Tree Co.
- Deja Bru Laugh a Latte
Casual Date Ideas
Casual dates are the perfect setting for either getting to know each other better after a first date or keeping the magic alive in a long and already loving relationship. These ideas are some Idaho favorites and can help you and your date discover more about one another. You’ll end the night with a mouth sore from smiling and a gut busted from laughing.
- Get creative together at Paint ‘n Sip, located in CHOW Public Market and Eatery.
- Catch a comedy show
Catch a Show
- Play the vintage arcade games, pinball machines, and retro game consoles at Spacebar Arcade
- Belt out the lines of your favorite songs together at Voicebox Karaoke.
- Catch an indie, foreign, or art film at The Flick’s and enjoy their handmade entrees, snacks, desserts, espresso bar along with a wide beer and wine selection.
- Explore the criminal past of former Idahoans at the Old Idaho Penitentiary.
- Blow your own glass art at Boise Art Glass.
- Test your throwing skills and strength at Base Camp Pong + Axe.
- Race each other in fast-powered go-carts, or see who can put the best mini-golf game at Wahooz
- There’s something for everyone at CHOW Public Market and Eatery and Edwards Theatre is adjacent with new movies showing daily.
Learn about Chow Public Market
- The Discovery Center of Idaho houses several scientific exhibits along with rotating attractions, like the recovered artifacts of the Titanic ship.
- Spend a day in the Sunny Slopes area amongst the vines and barrels with a Snake River Wine Tour.
- Spend a day in downtown Boise
The Perfect Day in Boise
- Cheer on the Boise Hawks baseball team at Memorial Stadium.
- Eat, drink, and shop your way through downtown Boise at First Thursday.
- Take a cooking class at Season and Taste Cooking School.
- Tupelo Honey
- Bittercreek Ale House
- Telaya Wine Tasting Room
- Bar Gernika
- The Reef
- Sakana Sushi
- Tavern at Bown Crossing or Eagle Island
- Warehouse Food Hall
- Wild Root Cafe
Fun Date Ideas for Teens
Dating can begin in the teenage years. They can be nerve-wracking and intimidating, for both teens and parents. There are plenty of fun, safe, and memorable experiences for teens to enjoy and parents to feel assured with. These activities and restaurants are perfect for couples or groups of teens.
- Escape Room
- Escape the Room Boise
- Puzzle Effect - Boise
- Amazing Escapes of Boise
- Movie Theatre
- Boise Spectrum - Regal Edwards Boise IMAX, 4DX & ScreenX
- The Village Cinema
- Regal Edwards Nampa Gateway
- Terrace Drive-In Theatre
- Chow Public Market and Eatery
- Discovery Center of Idaho
- Wahooz Family Fun Zone
- Meridian Bowling Lanes
- Westy’s Garden Lanes
- Pinz Bowling Center
- Emerald Lanes
- Big Al’s at The Village at Meridian
- Treasure Valley Skate
- Rollerdrome Skating Rink
- Idaho Ice World
- Jump high at a trampoline park
- Altitude Trampoline Park
- DEFY Boise
- Circus Trix
- Get crafty painting your own pottery at
- A Way with Clay Studio
- Hike to the top of Table Rock or around the Military Reserve
- Score some wacky finds at a local thrift store
- Find “hidden” treasure by geocaching
- Reed’s Dairy
- Sid’s Garage
- Flying M Coffee
- Parrilla Grill
- The District Coffee House
- Boise Boba
- Delsa’s Ice Cream Parlour
Formal Date Ideas
The occasion from formality might be less common, but the following ideas are here to help you celebrate the BIG occasions in life. If you’re looking for somewhere to celebrate an anniversary, personal accomplishments, or to POP the question, these spots are perfect to give the night that extra touch of excellence and elegance.
- Watch local directors, actors and producers put on their new shows at the Boise Contemporary Theater.
- Catch a Broadway musical, local ballet production, or other touring professional theatre shows at the Morrison Center
- Be whisked into the story by our professional dancers at Ballet Idaho
- Enjoy the classical works of Shakespear at the Idaho Shakespeare Festival.
- Drink your way through our local cocktail guide, perfect for Valentine’s Day
Cocktail Guide for Valentine's Day
- The Lively
- Chandlers Prime Steaks & Fine Seafood
- Press & Pony
- Capitol Cellars
- Cottonwood Grille
- Owyhee Tavern
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- Richard’s Restaurant & Bar
- Melting Pot
- Water Bear
- Crave Kitchen and Bar
- Land Ocean
Parent/Child Date Ideas
Children change everything for the better, and that includes date night. This list was made for the parents looking to get out together with their new little bundle, or a parent looking to have an awesome and memorable night with their child.
- Sparklight Movie Night is a wonderful community event that lets you watch fun and entertaining new movies under the stars, running from June to August in Settlers Park.
- Wahooz Family Fun Zone is an exciting space with activities for everyone. Race around the race track, compete for tickets, shoot each other with lasers, or play a round of mini-golf.
- Encounter aquatic wildlife at the Aquarium of Boise and dream about underwater exploration together.
- Discover more wildlife and get up close and personal with them at Zoo Boise.
- Share your love for baseball or cheer on the Boise Hawks as a family at Memorial Stadium.
- Get mani-pedis at a nearby day spa or salon.
- Go rock climbing at a local gym with either top rope climbing or bouldering to see who’s got the upper arm strength to get to the top first.
- Hike through the Boise Foothills or Snake River trail systems to connect with the natural beauties of Idaho.
- See who can bowl a better game at one of the many Treasure Valley lanes.
- Grab a delicious cone from Reed’s Dairy, or get a scoop for them and a little boozy scoop for you at the STIL.
- Karaoke at the Voicebox in downtown Boise is a guaranteed fun time with plenty of yummy snacks and great songs available.
- Bike, walk, or run the Boise Greenbelt system to get some exercise and possibly spot wildlife.
- Freak Alley is a free, open-air, ever-changing art gallery that will be sure to get the creative juices flowing.
- Go Zip Lining in Horseshoe Bend!
- Find a local apple orchard to pick your own apples from any time between August to October.
- Secure your jack o’ lantern pumpkin this year from a local pumpkin patch or market!
- Check out the latest releases at any Regal theatre in Boise, Meridian, or Nampa, or the Cinema at the Village in Meridian.
- Pick up donuts from Duck Donuts and help give money back to other local children.
- Rock Hunting is a great way to learn about Idaho’s natural geological features!
- Discover the Nampa roundabout art scene with sculptures of iconic local history.
Seasonal Date Night Bucket List in the Treasure Valley
When the weather changes and a new season develops, it’s undeniable that there are always classic seasonal activities that you and a loved one can do together to celebrate the change.
Here’s a list of all the fun date night events for every time of year!
Summer Date Bucket List
- Enjoy a romantic sunset at Table Rock and get the best view of the Treasure Valley.
- Walk the bright and blooming grounds of the Idaho Botanical Gardens.
- Drive to the Parma Motor-Vu to watch a movie from the comfort of your own vehicle.
- Play the games, ride the rides, and catch a concert at the Western Idaho State Fair.
- Wake up early to watch the Spirit of Boise Hot Air Balloon festival launch their brightly colored aircrafts.
- Float the Boise River from Barber Park to Ann Morrison Park.
Fall Date Bucket List
- Get lost together and work as a team to find your way out of one of the Treasure Valley’s two corn mazes. Or pick up your own fresh pumpkin to carve in celebration of the Fall season. Your Guide to Pumpkin Patches Around Boise
- Walk along the Green Belt, up Camel's Back, or down Harrison Blvd. to see the beautiful City of Trees change from green to brilliant shades of red, orange, and yellow.
- Pick apples at a local apple orchard.
- Create your own flower bouquets from a u-pick flower farm.
Winter Date Bucket List
- Skate the ice hand in hand at the Village’s own ice rink.
- Head to McCall for their annual Winter Festival and Ice Carving Competition.
- Sled down Simplot Hill off Bogus Basin Rd.
- Soak in your own private tub at The Springs in Idaho City and book a room at Inn The Pines.
- Walk through a winter wonderland of professionally designed Christmas trees at St. Alphonsus’ Annual Festival of Trees.
- Grab a coffee and stroll through Caldwell’s Winter Wonderland Festival at Indian Creek Plaza, decorated with over a million lights.
Spring Date Bucket List
- Run around downtown Boise and enjoy the Treefort Music Festival.
- Purchase fresh produce and other goods from local farmers and vendors at a local farmers’ market.
- Hike in the freshly blooming foothills and watch as Idaho comes back to life after the cold winter, muddy trails permitting of course.
- Play a round of golf at one of Southern Idaho’s beautiful courses.
Date night in the Treasure Valley is a wonderful place to be! Being a metro area, with close access to the Mountains, and a growing population, there is a perfect date night opportunity for everyone. So ask out your crush, see what your friends are up to, or make a special memorable night with you, and your child today!
If you’ve got a fantastic date idea, event, or restaurant to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it added to the Date Night in the Treasure Valley list.