Table Rock stands right above the city and can often be seen from anywhere in town. Table Rock is known for the wonderful 3.7 mile hike located along the Boise foothills, offering a number of activity options and beautiful views overlooking the city. Table Rock is one of Boise’s most frequently used trails- recognized for the 60-foot cross at the top of the hike. If hiking isn’t for you, drive up to the top for a view of the entire city.
Your guide to hiking Table Rock:
- Start at the base of the mountain located along the Old Idaho Penitentiary
- Park at the Old Penitentiary Trailhead and Table Rock Trail parking (which is completely free).
- The trail is open to dogs and horses, so be sure to bring your furry friend along.
- Table Rock is open sunrise to sunset daily, access after dark is prohibited.
- Pro-tip- wait a few days to hike after a rainy or snowy day, otherwise, you might get stuck in mud!
Totally Boise recommends: Going up at sunset for a beautiful view and to see the giant cross lit up!