Table Rock upper parking lot closed! Read more in our blog:
Table Rock Gate Relocated and Top Parking Lot Closed to the Public
Table Rock stands right above the city and can often be seen from anywhere in town. Table Rock is known for the wonderful 3.7 mile hike located along the Boise foothills, offering a number of activity options and beautiful views overlooking the city. Table Rock is one of Boise’s most frequently used trails- recognized for the 60-foot cross at the top of the hike. If hiking isn’t for you, drive up to the top for a view of the entire city.
Your guide to hiking Table Rock in Boise:
- Start at the base of the mountain located along the Old Idaho Penitentiary
- Park at the Old Penitentiary Trailhead and Table Rock Trail parking (which is completely free).
- The trail is open to dogs and horses, so be sure to bring your furry friend along.
- Table Rock is open sunrise to sunset daily, access after dark is prohibited. "The Table Rock area is closed from sundown to sunup for personal safety, fire safety, and wildlife safety. The parking area leading to Table Rock has a gate that automatically closes daily at sundown. People already parked in the area can still leave, as the gate reopens for any vehicles exiting the area. Additionally, people can enter the park before sundown to watch the sunset from across the city. They should be careful when navigating in the dark upon exit, however, as the area can pose personal safety risks." - City of Boise
- Pro-tip- wait a few days to hike after a rainy or snowy day, otherwise, you might get stuck in mud!
Totally Boise recommends: Going up at sunset for a beautiful view and to see the giant cross lit up!