Getting into the Idaho real estate market can be a unique experience for first-time and experienced buyers. That’s why so many have turned to the option of building their own homes.
While the Spotlight team is experienced in selling all forms of real estate, its biggest success has been found in connecting Idaho families with homes built just for them. They’ve helped hundreds get into the homes of their dreams right here in the Treasure Valley.
Custom vs. Semi-production? Which Build is Right For You?
If you’re interested in the idea of building your own home, Spotlight is your team! Building a home is a wonderful option for both first-time home buyers and those with experience in buying a home that may be looking to create something truly specific with their next home.
In the world of home building, Spotlight Real Estate features two different types of builds. You can look into either the 100% custom home option, or pick from one of their several packages of semi-production homes. What’s the difference? Which one is right for you?
Custom Built Home
As the name suggests, a custom-built home is one you and a team of designers conceptualize from scratch. This means you can create something truly unique and all your own.
- An experienced buyer is an ideal candidate for a custom home
- Plan for it to take more time, anywhere from 4 months to a year longer than a traditional build
- Prepare to be hands-on and present with your team during the build process
- Patience pays off, due to custom features, it might take longer for materials to arrive
- Remember this is the first time this type of home has been built, there will most likely be a few unforeseen issues that come up
- Give yourself some financial wiggle room for unanticipated costs
- Manage your budget
- Keep a tally of expenses as they change and build-up
A semi-production home is where you can pick out a floor plan from a variety of choices. Since your home is not being constructed from scratch, you can save time and money.
- A great option for a first time home buyer
- Browse the catalog of floor plans provided by Spotlight’s builders
- Small building changes and color choices can be customized
- Expect about a 6 month build time
Spotlight Real Estates Trusted Builders
Both home building options have an expert team of builders behind them that have been vetted by Spotlight Real Estate.
“We work with people who make working fun!” Jenn Hickey, CEO of Spotlight shared when asked how she chose the following building companies to represent for her clients. “These builders have shown integrity in doing what they must to put the client first and creating a fully enjoyable experience for everyone.” Hickey went on to say.
Van Lith & Lloyd
New Communities You Can Join with Spotlight Real Estate
It’s no secret that the Treasure Valley is growing. Spotlight Real Estate and Solitude Homes shared in a previous blog that one of the best actions that can help ease the strain of the Idaho housing market is to increase the amount of inventory.
Spotlight Real Estate is excited to be connecting first-time and experienced home buyers with their future homes in Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Nampa, Kuna, Caldwell, Star, and Middleton.
Get a full look at all their upcoming communities at their website below, and be sure to sign up for their educational e-newsletters to stay up to date on current and upcoming communities.
Spotlight Real Estate Communities:
Learn why Spotlight Real Estate and their team of builders are one of the most trusted in the Valley.
Building Your Forever Home With Spotlight Real Estate