Getting excited about going to the dentist is a common compliment the team at Dentistry for Children hears a lot. Recognizing that our opinions of dental appointments are formed at an early age, Dr. Jeffrey Davis DDS and Dr. Laura Videtich DDS saw a need for a calm, fun, and exciting dental office in Boise and Meridian. For over 25 years, Dentistry For Children has changed the lives of many Treasure Valley children who are now adults with healthy dental hygiene. The experience and space of Dentistry for Children is so transformative that adults wish they too could become patients.
Now open for new patients, parents or guardians can book their child’s next appointment today!
When Should Your Child's First Dentist Appointment Be?
The experts at Dentistry for Children recommend that a child’s first appointment should be approximately six months after the appearance of their first tooth or by the age of one. While they won’t have a complete set of teeth, we can make it a fun visit and give helpful information to establish a healthy oral cavity in those early developmental years.
Who Can Make an Appointment at Dentistry for Children?
Your child does not have to be an infant to seek the professional care of the Dentistry team. In fact, the latest age to become a patient is 14. No recommendation from a previous or general dentist is required for a child to be a patient either. Once they’ve started seeing either Dr. Davis or Dr. Laura, along with the empathetic dental assistants and hygienists, each child can receive a wide variety of services.
What Services Are Available?
With healthy dental habits, a lifelong relationship with your child’s health can be established and encouraged. Even baby teeth need their own level of care despite being lost at some point in your child’s life.
Here is a list of Dentistry for Children’s most common services available:
- The Wand (Single Tooth Anesthesia) - This is a way we get your child’s tooth numb for most procedures without getting the whole cheek or tongue numb. It is one of the most exciting additions we feel we have brought in this past year. Patients can eat right after and don’t leave the office feeling that annoying feeling of being numb.
- Preventative Dentistry - tooth cleaning, fluoride treatments, and polishing as an essential first line of care that every child needs.
- Sealants - used to protect grooves and pits found naturally in molars and other teeth and helps prevent cavities from developing.
- X-rays - after age two or three, an x-ray image is recommended to assess where a child’s tooth health and alignment are where they should be.
- Space Maintenance - sometimes the full use of braces is not required and by anchoring a misaligned tooth to a permanent one, the crooked tooth can be made straighter.
- Nitrous Oxide - when the treatment calls for sedation, this safe gas is used to give your child a calm and painless experience.
- General Anesthesia - for young or nervous children or those looking at special dental procedures, anesthesia is expertly administered to ease a child into sleep.
Why Kids Love Coming to Dentistry for Children?
As pediatric dentistry specialists, the doctors and staff at Dentistry for Children have created a kid haven unlike any other in the Treasure Valley. The staff understands how stressful a dental visit can be and strive to give each child the empathy and understanding that they deserve. They have also equipped their space with two large aquariums, bright and colorful murals, TVs above every patient chair with headphones to watch their favorite shows, and a treasure trove of prizes for each kid to pick from after every visit.
If you, like many other Idaho parents, are looking to give your child an enjoyable journey into dental care and hygiene and have them asking for the next appointment, Totally Boise recommends the kids-at-heart team at Dentistry for Children.
Address: 651 E Parkcenter blvd
For more stories about local businesses, events, or news happening around the Treasure Valley, head over to our Local Stories page!
Local Stories in Boise