It’s year four for Boise Startup Week! The week of October 7th, Boise celebrates Idaho’s growing entrepreneur ecosystem. This one-week festival is free to the public and will take place at venues throughout downtown Boise.
Boise Startup Week
Boise has continued to win the title of top places to live in the United States. With our tight-knit community and accessibility throughout the city, amazing business opportunities are flourishing. Boise Startup Week seeks to bring together a community of driven and inspired people to learn and share.
Welcome to all- startup founders, employers, investors, and students. Boise Startup Week is here to empower you to make meaningful connections and learn from the best.
The theme of this year's Boise Startup Week is “What if?”. According to Nick Crabbs, co-chair of Boise Startup Week and VP Community at VYNYL, “We at Boise Startup Week believe entrepreneurialism is a way of life. “What if?” is an attitude that can galvanize us to achieve great things, and it can be cultivated in all of us. Boise Startup Week brings together curious people who will stop at nothing to create value for themselves and our community.”
Boise Startup Week Events
- Pitch Competition - Applicants will attend a series of workshops designed to prepare a pitch for their businesses.
- Trailmix - Created for new food product companies, giving them the chance to create awareness of their product and the opportunity to network.
- Block Party - Will feature live music and will highlight unconventional local startups.
- Dodgeball Tournament - Hosted at BSU, share your skills in dodgeball through this single elimination tournament. All proceeds will benefit the traveling computer science student’s housing during BSW.
- VR Bash - With a variety of AR/VR technology experiences, the crowd is destined to have a good time full of opportunity and learning.
- Startup Crawl - Visit three companies and learn about their cultures and jobs.
- Devcon - Hosted by Clearwater Analytics, industry leaders will present to students and professionals in the STEM industries.
For the event schedule: boisestartupweek.org
As Boise continues to flourish as the fastest growing city in the country, it has proved to be the perfect stomping grounds for startups and entrepreneurs. This event is designed to empower attendees of all backgrounds to imagine what’s possible, to develop meaningful connections, and to learn from the best that the Gem State has to offer.