Whether you’re a Boise local or visiting the City of Trees, you’ve probably taken a stroll through the renowned Freak Alley Gallery - and if you haven’t yet, it should be on your short list! The narrow alleyway turned into an ever-changing open-air art exhibit in the heart of Downtown Boise is the largest outdoor mural gallery in the Northwest and houses diverse artwork from local artists. It's a vibrant and eclectic mix of styles and messages that will leave you in awe.
Boise's murals are bursting with life and imagination. And there is one thing for certain, after experiencing Freak Alley, you’ll probably become hooked on seeking out these larger-than-life pieces of art. We know we are! That’s why we’ve compiled a list of places in Boise and Beyond where you can catch a glimpse, snap a pic, and admire the talent of the muralists of Boise.
Not only are these beautiful and unique murals are a great way to experience Boise through the lens of talented artists, but let’s be real, they also provide a picture perfect backdrop for your photo dumps and profile pics. So, whether you're a local looking to rediscover your city or a visitor seeking an artistic escape, make sure to include a mural hunt in your Boise itinerary.
There's so much more to explore! Take a look at these vibrant mural spots in Garden City:
- Airplane Mural: Discover this mural on the Signs by Smith Building, situated at 4747 North Glenwood Street.
- 'Be Great' Mural: Find this inspiring artwork at the Boys and Girls Club of Ada County, located at 610 East 42nd Street.
- Hunter Mural: Encounter the Hunter Mural at the Boise Hunter Education Center on 109 West 44th Street.
- Fishing Mural and River Rafting Mural: Explore these river-themed masterpieces beneath the Glenwood Bridge on the Greenbelt.
- 'A Garden of Creativity': Marvel at the artistic display on the back of Cobby's Sandwich Shop at 4348 Chinden Boulevard.