Need some mind relief? Here’s a list of some exciting news and great local and national websites if you’re over reading articles about Coronavirus.
Exciting, Inspiring, and Community-Driven Local News:
- Idaho Humane Society now has an online portal for found stray pets!
- Andrade’s is giving FREE meals to families with parents who have lost their jobs or for children who rely on free school lunches.
- Boise has a Virtual Tip Jar filled with service-industry workers who have been affected by social distancing.
- The Salvation Army is continuing to evolve their service delivery to ensure immediate needs of the community, volunteers, and partners are met. The Salvation Army in Boise is transitioning the Client Choice Food Pantry to a food-box system.
- Our local garden supply store, Zamzows, will help you develop your own green thumb with gardening tips, tricks, and tools.
Needing to keep your mind busy? Check out a few fun online assets:
Game Night Live is hosting livestream trivia nights Tuesday-Thursday. All money raised will go back to the local businesses that would normally be hosts of trivia nights! Gather a team (conference calls work), register, and choose which venue to donate to. See more information and sign up:
The Boise Public Library has created a great resource guide filled with Ebooks, craft tutorials, learning activities, and a whole lot more. It’s the perfect source for keeping your kids of all ages busy!
Eagle Parks and Recreation now has a virtual recreation center. Monday through Friday they will have a new theme and video to follow along with. On top of a bunch of arts and crafts, family fun ideas, online lessons and more. Continue living a healthy life indoors:
The Riverside Hotel is hosting a CommUNITY Concert Series. Every Tuesday and Friday they will be live streaming local musicians from 7PM - 8PM. During each event donations will be accepted to help provide nutritious pick-up meals to hospitality workers, musicians, and families in the Riverside community that have been deeping impacted by job loss related to COVID-19.
Discover STEM at home. The Discovery Center of Idaho has put together a resource guide to help inspire continued learning and interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
Watch animals around the world by tuning into a live feed of zoos around the world.
Stream live performances for free from the MET. Every day the MET is making a different performance available for 20 hours a day beginning at 7:30 PM.
Catch a free concert. The World Health Organization and Global Citizens “Together at Home” concert series has featured some top performers on Instagram Live. Check for upcoming performances.