This week kicks off our first week working from home. It’s been quite the change, but a battle that’s worth fighting! We’re incredibly thankful we’re able to work from home and have the technology available to easily connect as a team.
Working from home can be especially challenging! These are tips we’ve started to add to our daily routines as well as tips our Totally Boise fam submitted.
- Coffee, coffee, coffee. And when you’re done with that, more coffee!
- Keep the TV turned off until work is done
- GET OUT OF BED! Working in bed just isn’t it.
- Take mini breaks. A quick walk outside to get fresh air, or a quick indoor exercise can be a great way to clear your mind.
- Listen to music
- Make snacks to keep you motivated
- Use a planner to map out your tasks for each day
Keeping Your Routine Normal:
- Get ready every day, it helps create your normal routine
- Put on real clothes
- Wear your work shoes, they aren’t fun to “relax” in
- Get up at least 30 minutes before you need to start working
Tips for our stay at home parents:
- Cartoons, cartoons, and more cartoons.
- Crafts keep the kids entertained
- Give yourself time breaks to hang with the kids in between working
Remember, just because you CAN work 24/7, doesn’t mean you HAVE to. Keeping a work/life balance is still essential during these times. If you have any other working from home tips that you would like to share, send them to us at email@example.com.