When we aren't working away at creating new seasonal mags, in-touch social content, or testing out the latest restaurants, the Totally Boise team loves to get out into the vast Idaho nature. With hiking trails almost quite literally in our backyards, a river in the heart of town, and mountains just a stone's throw away, we, too, try to take full advantage of everything this land has to offer.
What better activity than a picnic with someone you care about - even if that means just me, myself, and I - in the scenic Boise foothills with some nutritious local dairy? Thanks to Unbottled, which represents dairy farmers in Utah and Idaho, we learned what snacks to pack for any adventure and where to find those breathtaking picnic spots.
Easy to Pack Dairy Snacks For Any Outdoor Adventure
Keeping your energy up and your body fueled is essential for any Idaho adventure. Dairy is one of those types of food that indisputably can help you achieve just that while being tasty and delicious.
Here's what dairy snacks to pack for an epic outdoor adventure!
- Kefir Pie Overnight Oats: This scrumptious apple pie flavored oat dish will make your inner child happy cause you'll feel like you're eating dessert for breakfast! Using kefir, your body will start off on the right note and be ready to take on any activity.
- Pre-packaged and lightweight, grab these dairy products the next time you're grocery shopping for an easy and nourishing mid-activity snack:
- Reed's Dairy Cheese Curds
- Ballard Cheddar Cheese and Almonds
- Lighthouse Gorgonzola Spread and Acme French Baguette
- Heal your bodies bones and muscles after any adventure with these lactose-rich recipes:
Where to Find Local Dairy Products in The Treasure Valley
A fantastic feature to Idaho and surrounding states is that local, family-owned dairy farms are in abundance. By visiting your local grocery store, it's possible to shop exclusively locally when buying your dairy products. Each recipe listed above featured some type of dairy that can indeed be found at these local stores:
- The Boise Co-Op
- 888 W Fort St, Boise
- 2350 N. Eagle Rd, Meridian
- Albertsons Marketplace
- 3499 E Fairview Ave, Meridian
- 1219 Broadway Ave, Boise
- Fred Meyers
- 5425 W Chinden Blvd, Garden City
- 5230 W. Franklin Rd, Boise
- 10751 W Overland Rd
- WinCo Foods
- 8200 W Fairview Ave, Boise
- 110 E Myrtle St, Boise
- 3032 E State St, Eagle
- 1050 S Progress Ave, Meridian
- 1175 N Happy Valley Rd, Nampa
5 Foothills Trails Perfect For A Picnic
It's the perfect time of year to get out, lay down a blanket, and have a picnic. The sun is setting later, and the weather has a warmth to it —check out these five scenic hiking trails found in the Boise foothills with stunning views and are easy to access.
- Eagle Ridge Loop
- Toll Road Trail
- Old Pen to Table Rock Trail
- Polecat Loop
- Veterans to Big Spring Loop
Ready for your Boise Adventure?
Pack your snacks, pick your trail, and hit the road. Unbottled by DairyWest loves sharing its knowledge and mouth-watering recipes to show off the excellent local dairy products that can be found in your region.
For tips on how to plan the perfect party with everyone's favorite guest (you guessed it, dairy), read the blog below!
Delicious Tips and Recipes From Unbottled
Find more recipes, tips, and the famous Unbottled Matchmaker on local products at these Unbottled channels: