As the Fall and Winter months are drawing near, Totally Boise knows how important it is to stay in touch with your own mental health. It is clinically proven that the darker months, stress of the holidays, and other outside influences can increase your stress, anxiety, and depression.
Taking a day for self-care is vital in beating the mental blues away and the following four Idaho businesses are here to help you have the ultimate YOU day! In addition, local grief and mental health influencer, Heather Quisel-Brown. Find a link at the bottom of this blog to read more on some crucial resources and systems of support she and her thousands of followers found helpful through great loss.
What’s New at Salt Sanctuary?
The holiday season seems to come with some levels of unavoidable stress. The owner and founder of Salt Sanctuary is all too familiar with this phenomenon and is passionate about showing fellow Idahoans that by spending a few intentional moments of self-care at her salty studio, you can leave feeling refreshed and confident.
Here’s what’s new at Salt Sanctuary:
- CranioSacral Therapy - This gentle modality uses the light pressure of hands from their trained therapist which helps ease migraines, back & neck pain, and PTSD.
- Kirtan - Kirtan is the communal singing and chanting of devotional songs and sacred hymns. Kirtan is Sanskrit for “repeat,” this is a call and response musical meditation complete with a harmonium and a drum to help achieve relaxation and realignment
- Guided Meditation - Enjoy a Guided Meditation that walks you through the body, helping you to find and breathe through any hidden tensions or stress during a halotherapy session. With this stillness, your body can quiet its sympathetic nervous system and bring better sleep, stress management, and an improved immune system, to name a few.
- Breathwork - By combining respiratory and mental healing, this practice activates the parasympathetic nervous system and brings a sense of calm and stress relief.
With holistic, non-pharmaceutical healing, attendees of Salt Sanctuary have found success in taking their mental and physical health into their own hands. Read more about the other services at Salt Sanctuary at the link below.
Salt Sanctuary Offers The Ultimate Relaxation
In Garden City, a revolutionary new apothecary is connecting fellow Boiseans with natural, plant-based medicines. Not only can they suggest a product or whip up an herbal creation for your particular needs, The Vervain Collective also sells bulk teas, herbs, and tinctures for the more experienced holistic healers.
What You Will Find at The Vervain Collective
Once you enter through the humble doorway of the apothecary, you will be greeted with a collection of smells and sights, unlike anything you will find in the Valley. It’s common for those who are new to the idea of natural medicine or The Vervain Collective to feel a little intimidated when they first enter; okay! The staff are extremely friendly and knowledgeable and can help you create your own line of products for your personal health journey.
- Trained practitioners are on-site
- Classes and workshops are held regularly
- Rental space for fellow healers is available
To learn more about The Vervain Collective and to visit their website, click on the link below:
Started in Idaho Falls in 1955, Reed’s Dairy has expanded into five brick-and-mortar stores across Southern Idaho. In the beginning, their humble dairy farm provided milk delivery to the doorsteps of many. That same family is now serving up some of the freshest dairy products available. The unique quality of Reed's Dairy is that they control the supply chain from farm to fridge (or freezer!) and the proof is in every bite.
The farm-to-table concept is a growing movement, and Idaho is perfectly set up to enjoy the bounty of its talented farmers easily. Like the ice cream parlors of old, every flavor of products available at each Reed’s location is made with the milk of their own dairy cows. The ice cream flavors are ever-changing to assure the freshest ingredients are used. Striving for perfection means you can enjoy the creativity of new ice cream flavors frequently!
Fresh farm-to-doorstep delivery is also available, and it features all your favorite Reed’s Dairy products on other local groceries.
A New Vintage Wine Shop
For more than 20 years, founders Ilene and Harry Dudunake have used their passion for wine to connect and sell Idahoan’s quality local, regional and international wines.
You Will Find…
- Over 1,000 bottles of wine to shop
- The Wine Bar to taste select bottles of wine
- Wine Club to taste, discuss, and nerd out with fellow wine lovers
Not only can you shop, taste, and study wines, you can pop in anytime for an expertly considered wine recommendation. If you’re looking for the best bang for your buck, consider A New Vintage Wine Shop’s wine club. Membership prices range from $15 to $90 a month with added perks per level.
You can also pick up the Idaho Three-Pack! For only $60, you can take home one Idaho white wine and two Idaho red wines. Each pack is created by Ilene herself and made just for you. There is nothing better than drinking well and supporting your local Idaho wineries and A New Vintage Wine Shop that brings them all together.
A New Vintage Wine
While your personal mental health journey takes more than just a self-care day, those intentional moments of purposeful rest are one of the easiest, affordable methods to bring healing into your own hands.
For more resources and personal stories on grief and mental health, check out the guide below,
Resources for Mental Health in the Treasure Valley